Unlock this door with the key of your imagination.
Somewhere between light and shadow,
Between science and superstition,
We invite you to submit a story of things and ideas, that could become…
As Timeless As Infinity!
Imagine a new Twilight Zone episode. Write Rod Serling’s opening and closing narrations. Give it a title and send us your entry!
ENTER OUR CONTEST
2020 has been been a Twilight Zone kind of year, and it ain’t over yet. So invest some of your free time and pent-up energy into a Twilight Zone episode that is worthy of immortality—via our video treatment. Let’s have some fun!
The first place winner in 2017, Split the Difference by Joseph Dougherty, is a near-perfect example to study: it contains a unique idea, a classic and easily understood Twilight Zone twist, and sentences that fit Rod’s rich baritone perfectly. It’s a delight to watch and read. Check out all of our winners to see what works and what the judges like.
THE ORIGINAL RULES STILL APPLY …with a couple of additions.
How to Win
- Don’t write a treatment; this is more like a 60-second pitch. And it’s OK to leave some mystery: stimulate our imagination! Every previous entry—including all winners—is just a click away. See the buttons above. Warm yourself up by writing new narrations for an existing episode, and read it aloud to friends to see if they recognize which episode. Then write the narrations for your original idea.
- Maximum word count, excluding titles and labels: 150 words total, both narrations combined.
- Maximum entries: 2 per person.
- Title and Narrations only. Any additional content will be ignored.
- Deadline: Halloween 2020 (October 31)
- We will not consider a previous entry.
- Previous winners excluded. You did great!
Send your entries to:
Stephen Schlich, RodSerling.com webmaster
Judging by Rod Serling Memorial Foundation board members, using these criteria:
- How easily we can imagine Rod speaking your words
- How well your narrations suggest the imaginary episode
Immortality! The Rod Serling Memorial Foundation offers to you: your personal area of our Twilight Zone. Actor Stephen Dexter will again perform the winning entries. We will announce the winners in time for Rod Serling’s 96th birthday—Christmas Day 2020. And the video will be accessible from our website www.RodSerling.com forever!
NOTE: We will publish all the entries on our website. By entering, you are granting permission to publish your entry (with your byline and copyright notice attached) on the rodserling.com website.
2,992 total views, 4 views today